We spent today seeing the church sites round Palmyra.
First up was the Palmyra Temple. That was neat because
the Temple was dedicate while I was at BYU, and I
watched the dedication in the Marriott Center.
Next, we went to the Smith Farm. We took the tour, and were
able to go inside the replica of the log cabin and the frame house.
While we were at the Temple grounds, it was lightly raining.
The rain got steadily worse while we toured the farm, and by
the time we walked through the Sacred Grove it was pouring.
We borrowed some umbrellas from the Visitors Center
and pressed on. It was beautiful (muddy and wet, but beautiful).
After getting soaked at the Sacred Grove, we decided to
go to an INDOOR attraction - The Grandin Building.
We learned about the printing of the Book of Mormon.
Our last stop was The Hill Cumorah. We briefly stopped at
the Visitor's Center (where the missionaries were really hoping
we had come for a full-length tour), and then we drove
up the hill (in the rain and hail) to the monument at the top.
I keep thinking about how my kids would react to the places
we've visited. It would definitely be a different experience
with them here. Maybe one day John and I will get to bring them.





3 comments:
I hope you get to go back sometime with your kids when it isn't so rainy. It is a beautiful area.
We owe Spencer and Brianna BIG TIME for such a great trip!
Matt really wants to bring our kids to his mission places. This is one of them. Someday.
Post a Comment